xAMC - American Muscle Club - zAMC
Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to AMC

Meet tonight @ 1am EST Time... Be there or be square! Bring you modified "STREET LEGAL" cars no matter what it is, we will be doing a nice cruise up FUJIMI at Life like speeds until I say go, and then you will all fell the WRATH OF MY MCLAREN F1 "LM"

You are not connected. Please login or register

VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING

+3
inyoface0313
SubieTuner75
robluvcars1
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:50 pm

robluvcars1

Hi folks! I'm excited to be here with my fellow muscle car lovers! One idea that has played around in my head since Subie started the Trans Am series, was how much fun it would be to tune and race vintage midsize muscle around a track. The cars will be limited to proper mid/full size muscle. The pony cars will stay with Trams Am and sports car racing.

My idea is in the early stages, but just wanted to get a feel for how much interest is out there for this type of racing? I am willing to try to host the races once we decide if there is enough interest to start a series!

Heres a tentative rule list for the cars ( I will publish a list of eligible cars once I get time to look thru the entire list)

1. Must be mid/full size V8 rwd, 2-door muscle cars.
2. Cars must be built between 1957-1973, parent builder corp must be American (Aussie Holdens, and Fords are welcome)
You must keep the same type of car through out the series.
3. All cars will have full race interior
4. All cars will use 15 inch wheels, and race rubber.
5. All cars will be B class/spec ( may be hp limited to @ 500-550hp)
6. All cars will be naturally aspirated V8s
7. All cars will use 4 spd trans ( sport mode so you can change rear end ratio)
8. Races will be run on Oval tracks AND road courses
9. Races will be kept short to keep interest and excitement high (15 laps?)
10. 1 pit stop required
11. Etc ( more/added/new changes)

Tentative proposed car list:

1957 Chevy Bel Air
1964 Impala SS
1964 Ford T Bolt
1965 Pontiac GTO
1969 Pontiac GTO
1970 Chevelle
1970 Buick GSX
1969 Olds 442
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1967 Codge Coronet W023
1971 GTX
1970 Super Bee
1973 Ford Falcon XB
1976 Gran Torino (havnt seen it, but read its coming)
others I missed?

*Not sure of allowance of Daytona Charger due to probable unfair aero advantage, up for debate.
Maybe we can handicap it on oval super speedways!

This is just some preliminary ideas that I have for the series; I want to hear your ideas so that we can make this something else to look forward to, after the Trans Am racing!

Cheers!
Robluvcars1

Last edited by robluvcars1 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:16 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added info)

2VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:36 am

SubieTuner75

Admin

you know im up for it as long as the races arent the same time as the T/A ones.

3VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:58 am

inyoface0313

Sounds fun to me tuesday nights would work amazing for me... I'm in like setting things tuning and racing fun stuff sounds good.

4VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:34 pm

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

Last edited by Tachyon_Racing on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003084391168

5VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:14 am

robluvcars1

Ok people. I think I can start taking a list of names and possible car choices for the Vintage Nascar series. The series races will be held on Friday or Saturday nights at 11pm EST, starting in January 2012.

If interested, I may hold an informal test and tune this Sat, 11/26 at 11pm EST. Let me know. Thx

Rob

6VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:00 am

badcompany187

badcompany187

i am interested in this of course as, long as the life stuff allows it Rolling Eyes

7VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:46 pm

robluvcars1

Great! I definitely understand! Hope to see more out!

8VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:43 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

i am ready to go for tonight 11pm eastern. If the test meet is still on. i have two cars ready. One is my charger daytona, and the other is a 71 petty gtx. Both built to spec....tuned well enough to keep the shiny side up, but nothing major.

I did an experiment/comparison test between the two mopars. Both are built almost exactly the same. I ran both cars around the indy oval and the superbird is more than 2 secs faster per lap and 10 miles per hour faster top speed. Might be able to get a few miles per hour faster out of the gtx without the spoilers, but might hit the wall without them. Needs further testing.

That was just a quick test and not much in regards to tuning, but food for thought if you are thinking about excluding the superbird from the roster.

Hope to see you guys out there. Send me an invite or let me know how to find you. I don't have many of you on my friends list or having you in club list, as i only have the zamc list

9VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:02 pm

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

I totally forgot the race was last night, I was just making a vintage stock car when I got the invite, lol. Good close, clean races though. If a sign up is required then this is mine. #36 Plymouth GTX.

10VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:17 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

it was a lot of fun racing with bloatedgopher and robluvcars1. I am in for the series. Car to be determined, but i am leaning toward a 57 chev #7

11VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:15 am

robluvcars1

It was great to meet you guys and "test and tune" with you! I have one of the TT sessions from the Sunset race track up at my storefront.

12VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:12 pm

robluvcars1

[img]VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Nsr810[/img]

A shot from the test and tune (TT) at Sunset raceway. Me, badco, and bloatedgopher....

Last edited by robluvcars1 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change)

13VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

good times!

14VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:47 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

this is what i am thinking.....smokey yunicks chevelle Very Happy

VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Chev13-2

15VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:28 pm

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

Sweet! Wish I could do more with the GTX, but unless it's black the vinyl roof makes it look weird.

16VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Empty Re: VINTAGE NASCAR STOCK CAR RACING Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Paul Y

Gentlemen,

Is this series still going as I would be very interested in taking part provided it is not 5am!

P.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum