xAMC - American Muscle Club - zAMC
Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to AMC

Meet tonight @ 1am EST Time... Be there or be square! Bring you modified "STREET LEGAL" cars no matter what it is, we will be doing a nice cruise up FUJIMI at Life like speeds until I say go, and then you will all fell the WRATH OF MY MCLAREN F1 "LM"

You are not connected. Please login or register

part of this weeks "Under the hood"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1part of this weeks "Under the hood" Empty part of this weeks "Under the hood" Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Killz or Deaths

Killz or Deaths

"How does this title update address issues with leaderboard cars?

With this title update, we are temporarily removing the ability for certain cars to post times on the leaderboards while we investigate refinements to our Performance Index system that will allow us to once again admit these cars back in the mix. The affected cars:

1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
1967 Dodge Coronet W023
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
1971 AMC Javelin-AMX
1992 Lancia Delta Integrale EV0
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

In addition to this temporary removal of these cars from posting leaderboard times, we will be wiping the leaderboard times of those cars across different leaderboards. In a future title update, we’ll be addressing the PI refinements in greater detail and once again allowing these cars to post leaderboard times. Stay tuned for more in the future."

YES! Finally we can actually post "good" times on the LBs with legitimate cars! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2part of this weeks "Under the hood" Empty Re: part of this weeks "Under the hood" Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:25 am

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

Based on this, I think we have to exclude any of the noted cars from the Trans-Am Racing Series until such time as T10 corrects their PI ratings. Anyone disagree?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003084391168

3part of this weeks "Under the hood" Empty Re: part of this weeks "Under the hood" Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:48 am

Killz or Deaths

Killz or Deaths

That would be rather sensible, but I doubt that quite a lot of people would use the cars from this list for the TAC since their top speeds are rather low before you change up the gears, but it up to Subie and Midnight for the final decision

4part of this weeks "Under the hood" Empty Re: part of this weeks "Under the hood" Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:02 am

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

Killz or Deaths wrote:That would be rather sensible, but I doubt that quite a lot of people would use the cars from this list for the TAC since their top speeds are rather low before you change up the gears, but it up to Subie and Midnight for the final decision

There are 2-3 with the Javelin, and 1-2 with one of the others as well.

5part of this weeks "Under the hood" Empty Re: part of this weeks "Under the hood" Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:53 am

Killz or Deaths

Killz or Deaths

Ahh, well as I said, the final choice comes down to Subie or Midnight because of the acceleration advantage that the stated cars have

6part of this weeks "Under the hood" Empty Re: part of this weeks "Under the hood" Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:26 am

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

I guess the alternative would be to put some cap on the PI for those cars, but we have no way of knowing what that should be - wouldn't want to unfairly handicap anyone either.

7part of this weeks "Under the hood" Empty Re: part of this weeks "Under the hood" Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Killz or Deaths

Killz or Deaths

well, the dart shouldnt be too much of a problem since in order for it to be one of the LB cars you gotta swap out the hemi for the Viper V10, and Trans Am series you cannot have engine swaps, so I think the dart is fine as long as they put the adjustable trans

8part of this weeks "Under the hood" Empty Re: part of this weeks "Under the hood" Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

Good point... Are these cars only causing ratings problems when some swap is done, versus simply improving on the base engine/drivetrain?

9part of this weeks "Under the hood" Empty Re: part of this weeks "Under the hood" Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:39 am

Killz or Deaths

Killz or Deaths

yeah I think so, the motor swap probs are the Dart, WO23 and '69 Z28

Aspiration probs are Cornet Superbee, Javelin and Thunderbolt

10part of this weeks "Under the hood" Empty Re: part of this weeks "Under the hood" Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:24 pm

robluvcars1

I think that the problem is with the engine swaps; however, historically, the Dart, GTA, and particularly Javelin, and 69' Z28 are prominent vehicles in the series.

We all know the history, a 66 Dart won the first Trans Am race, 69 Z28 won the championship in 69, and in 71,72 the Javelin won the Championship!
I think that part of the appeal of participating in vintage Trans Am, is the ability to use those vehicles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]