xAMC - American Muscle Club - zAMC
Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to AMC

Meet tonight @ 1am EST Time... Be there or be square! Bring you modified "STREET LEGAL" cars no matter what it is, we will be doing a nice cruise up FUJIMI at Life like speeds until I say go, and then you will all fell the WRATH OF MY MCLAREN F1 "LM"

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2)

+22
Syd111370
badcompany187
ihaveahachi
MTanker
sroth88
BBrandyn2
Killz or Deaths
I8BitHero
inyoface0313
GR0WLY BEAR
chevelle81
theBaldWonder
Phirewire
jk6305
BloatedGopher
xNiteWo1fx
SJD Kemuri
Tachyon_Racing
robluvcars1
Firebird TA 99
CamaroGuy96
SubieTuner75
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:05 pm

SubieTuner75

Admin

Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Logo_Trans-Am-1978

The second season of the Trans Am Championship is scheduled to begin shortly after the release of FM4 if you are interested and will be able to make weekly races, sign up here. Just post and let us know you are definitely interested.

Browse over the rules and restrictions before signing up. Click for rules

Thanks!
-Subie*

2Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:37 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

Definitely interested, but will there be rules changes for FM4 to allow the additional cars, as well as the 16 player racing? I'd like to run a '70 Camaro or maybe a '68 Firebird.

3Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:42 pm

SubieTuner75

Admin

yes those rules are just an idea of what it will be like and were used for FM3, new rules are in the making

4Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Firebird TA 99

Firebird TA 99

Definitely interested. Hope we can make some adjustments to the rules such as no STM, TCS and ABS, as these cars had none of that nonesense. Sim steering should really be the only assist that should be allowed (braking line I guess if some people need that) IMO to keep a good line between realistic Trans Am style and gameplay.

5Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:56 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

Firebird TA 99 wrote:Definitely interested. Hope we can make some adjustments to the rules such as no STM, TCS and ABS, as these cars had none of that nonesense. Sim steering should really be the only assist that should be allowed (braking line I guess if some people need that) IMO to keep a good line between realistic Trans Am style and gameplay.
I can see your point about the assists, but I think allowing them will open the league up to more people. Or have two classes; a sim class with all assists off and a casual class with all assists allowed.

6Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:25 pm

SubieTuner75

Admin

Yes, making the rules more realistic is ideal but the goal is to involve as many people as possible in a series that is fun and enjoyable to all, rather than strictly competition. We will see.

7Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:56 pm

robluvcars1

Sign me up for participation. Hopefully I can qualify deep enough to compete. May use the 1965 Mustang GT coupe, or maybe the 1968 Dodge Dart. Havnt decided yet...or maybe just stick with a F-body. Neutral

8Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

Definitely up for the next season. Will be campaigning in my Boss 429 once more.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003084391168

9Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:40 pm

SJD Kemuri

Well... you know I'm interested!

10Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:15 pm

xNiteWo1fx

I'm interested, are the races always on Saturday nights though? It looks it was that way by reading about the last season's posts. Saturday night is usually wife time for me. Razz I might could make some, but making all of them would be impossible.

11Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:01 pm

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

I'm up for it, I just got myself a free Cougar Eliminator in the game, just waiting to see the final rules before I start modifying it for competition.

BTW. I've only played FM4 for a couple hours... way more addictive than crack. Love the changes from the last game so far. Can't wait for some door handle to door handle TransAmNess. Razz

12Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:43 pm

jk6305

Will the 69 Shelby GT500 be allowed??? If so sign me up!

13Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:38 am

Phirewire

I'm interested with my chevelle, if we can run.

14Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:11 pm

theBaldWonder

I am really interested as well. Looking forward to it.

http://duanewileyjr.deviantart.com/

15Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:31 pm

chevelle81

I am interested too.

16Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:56 am

GR0WLY BEAR

I am very interested, but we could use some more info.

What day?
What cars?
What time?
What class/restrictions?

If this info has already been posted sorry for bringing it up.

17Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:32 am

SubieTuner75

Admin

GR0WLY BEAR wrote:I am very interested, but we could use some more info.

What day?
What cars?
What time?
What class/restrictions?

If this info has already been posted sorry for bringing it up.

most of that is in the rules, but check back because they are subject to change for the new season

18Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:03 am

inyoface0313

Im interested but need to know time as I am mountain time and you guys are est and I get off work at 830 moat them time and work saturdaya

19Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:45 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

Any idea as to when we're gonna start this up? Do we need to register our cars; like make, model, car number, etc...?

20Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:31 pm

SubieTuner75

Admin

CamaroGuy96 wrote:Any idea as to when we're gonna start this up? Do we need to register our cars; like make, model, car number, etc...?

it is most likely starting october 29th or november 5th. You will eventually have to post what car, number and all that, but it will be in a separate thread, this was just for me to see who is interested.

21Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:39 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

SubieTuner75 wrote:
CamaroGuy96 wrote:Any idea as to when we're gonna start this up? Do we need to register our cars; like make, model, car number, etc...?

it is most likely starting october 29th or november 5th. You will eventually have to post what car, number and all that, but it will be in a separate thread, this was just for me to see who is interested.
Good. More practice/tuning time. I think I'm off to a good start though Very Happy
Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) 6251938998_610dc03594_z

22Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:32 am

I8BitHero

I8BitHero

SubieTuner75 wrote:Yes, making the rules more realistic is ideal but the goal is to involve as many people as possible in a series that is fun and enjoyable to all, rather than strictly competition. We will see.

And thank you for doing that! And on that note id like to make some suggestions on how to keep the series interesting this is what im thinking all club members are already invited into the series meaning if your late to signup or we are on race 3 and you just join the club and wanna participate thats fine you just be way behind the points and still have to qualify for race 4 so everyone has a chance to join into the fun also i was thinking how many ppl are going to be aloud into each race my suggestion is we keep it the elite 8 style in other words 8 racers per track if that aint broken down enough only the top 8 qualifying laps will participate now i really like to keep it that way cuz 16 muscle cars on laguna seca can you imagine what would happen on that first turn off the line... yea not to pretty.

23Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 am

theBaldWonder

Considering that we have nearly 100 members (maybe more by now) couldn't we have multiple lobbies? Depending on where we finish determines which lobby we race in the following week - you'd have the fast room, not-so-fast room and the slow room (where I'll most likely end up). It would all be based off points.

http://duanewileyjr.deviantart.com/

24Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:30 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

theBaldWonder wrote:Considering that we have nearly 100 members (maybe more by now) couldn't we have multiple lobbies? Depending on where we finish determines which lobby we race in the following week - you'd have the fast room, not-so-fast room and the slow room (where I'll most likely end up). It would all be based off points.
We could do heats. Lets say we get 24 people that want to race one week. Based on qualifying we would distribute everyone evenly into 3 races with 8 each. Lets say a 5-10 lap race. Next we take the results and the top 4 from each race get put into a second heat which would be the top 12 cars. They then run a 10-20 lap race to determine the winner. The bottom 12 could also run a second heat of the same # of laps as the top 12. All racers could get series points, with the top point award in the bottom 12 being less than the lowest point award in the top 12 race.

25Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Empty Re: Trans Am Series Sign Ups (Season 2) Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:50 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

To give a visual of my above idea I'll make a chart. Racers will be identified as letters of the alphabet in order of qualifying, with A being the fastest qualifier, X being the slowest.
Heat 1 7 laps at Laguna Seca
Starting Grids
Race1: A, D, G, J, M, P, S, V
Race2: B, E, H, K, N, Q, T, W
Race3: C, F, I, L, O, R, U, X

Lets say they finish like this:
Race1: A, G, J, D, P, M, S, V
Race2: E, B, K, N, H, Q, W, T
Race3: L, C, F, I, R, X, O, U

Heat 2 15 laps at Laguna Seca
Starting Grids
Race1(championship):A, E, L, G, B, C, J, K, F, D, N, I
Race2(consolation) : P, H, R, M, Q, X, S, W, O, V, T, U

Now to divide up points we take the results of the championship race and give out points like normal, than we give the next 3 increments of points down to the top 3 in the consolation race.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum