xAMC - American Muscle Club - zAMC
Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to AMC

Meet tonight @ 1am EST Time... Be there or be square! Bring you modified "STREET LEGAL" cars no matter what it is, we will be doing a nice cruise up FUJIMI at Life like speeds until I say go, and then you will all fell the WRATH OF MY MCLAREN F1 "LM"

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inaugural Tune-Up Classic

+6
okestone
badcompany187
SubieTuner75
CamaroGuy96
MIDNIGHTblueX10
Tachyon_Racing
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:05 pm

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Tuc_bm13

Announcing the Inaugural Tune-Up Classic!

Time To Race:
Time to get out of the garage and get ready for the racing season! With the start of the AMC SCCA Trans-Am Season II imminent, it's time to shake off the racing rust and get those tunes tweaked. For anyone who wants to do a little friendly racing and/or see where they stack up against the other racers in the AMC, figured it would be nice to have a pre-season race this weekend. The atmosphere should be relaxed, but focused.

Particulars on the Race:
Track: Maple Valley Full Circuit
Length: 8 Laps Race [plus Time-Trial Lap and "Line-Up" Start Lap]
Eligible Manufacturers/Cars: See SCCA Trans-Am Series List*
Car Class/PI: B 500*
Collision/Damage Mode: On/Limited
Allowed Assists: ABS, Traction, Automatic*

* Basically, the same restrictions as set for the AMC SCCA Trans-Am Series.

Prizes:
1st Place: 100,000 Credits + 2010 Shelby GT500
2nd Place: 50,000 Credits
3rd Place: 25,000 Credits

If anyone wants to suggest other categories/superlatives, or donate something for the awards, let me know. Otherwise, please respond if you're interested in taking part.

Tentative Participants
* Tachyon Racing
* MIDNIGHTblueX10
* CamaroGuy96
* SubieTuner75
* badco
* okestone
* jk6305
* BloatedGopher

Hope to see you Sunday night! I should be online around 9:30pm EST, we can get started once we get a good number of folks in the lobby.

Last edited by Tachyon_Racing on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 5 times in total

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003084391168

2Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:09 pm

MIDNIGHTblueX10

Admin

I might actually be able to make this event! First one of FM4.
Gotta say thought I need to get used to this racing I am having a little trouble. I'll practise tonight and get my car all tuned up!

https://amclub.editboard.com

3Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:03 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

I will try and be there!

4Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:39 pm

SubieTuner75

Admin

Like the idea of the pre season.

5Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:02 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

i will definitely try to be there!

6Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:52 am

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

Just ran an 8-lap race against 10 AI cars for fun. Took just under 16 minutes, and I posted a Best Lap of 1:53.825 Clean. Liking my tuning setup so far.

7Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:18 am

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

I created a number panel for this event, which is up for free on my Storefront and/or searchable under "tuc panel". Please apply to your car at the size provided, and add plain black numbers at a 0.25x0.25 size as indicated below.

Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Tuc_pa10

Thanks!

8Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:54 pm

okestone

okestone

I think I can make it. Car is tuned and number panel applied. I chose #99, is that OK?
Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Photostream

Last edited by okestone on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add pic)

9Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:44 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

Tachyon_Racing wrote:Just ran an 8-lap race against 10 AI cars for fun. Took just under 16 minutes, and I posted a Best Lap of 1:53.825 Clean. Liking my tuning setup so far.
You set me a challenge. So I went and conquered. 1:50.2xx Clean on the boards with my #13 '70 Camaro. Granted I was hot lapping, not racing, but my car feels pretty good.

10Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

okestone wrote:I think I can make it. Car is tuned and number panel applied. I chose #99, is that OK?

I figured people would use their registered number for the Trans-Am Series. But, otherwise, fine by me....

11Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

CamaroGuy96 wrote:
Tachyon_Racing wrote:Just ran an 8-lap race against 10 AI cars for fun. Took just under 16 minutes, and I posted a Best Lap of 1:53.825 Clean. Liking my tuning setup so far.
You set me a challenge. So I went and conquered. 1:50.2xx Clean on the boards with my #13 '70 Camaro. Granted I was hot lapping, not racing, but my car feels pretty good.

Yeah, you and that Camaro....... Rolling Eyes Nice job, you planning on racing Sunday night?

12Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:16 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

Tachyon_Racing wrote:
CamaroGuy96 wrote:

Yeah, you and that Camaro....... Rolling Eyes Nice job, you planning on racing Sunday night?
Absolutely I'll be there! I love running these cars.

13Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:35 pm

okestone

okestone

Tachyon_Racing wrote:
okestone wrote:I think I can make it. Car is tuned and number panel applied. I chose #99, is that OK?

I figured people would use their registered number for the Trans-Am Series. But, otherwise, fine by me....

So am I missing something? Do I need to register somewhere?

thanks

14Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

okestone wrote: So am I missing something? Do I need to register somewhere?

thanks

Ok, I see.... This was intended as a tune-up/pre-season race for anyone entered in the Trans-Am Series races, so as I said, I was figuring people would just use their cars/numbers they registered for the Series. Having said that, I am fine with anyone not registered in the TAS racing Sunday too, no problem at all. If you're interested in racing within the Club, you might want to check out the TAS and sign up. Regarding your number though, I don't see anyone on the TAS roster with #99 as yet, so there should be no problem with you running under it whatever you decide to do.

15Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:13 pm

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

CamaroGuy96 wrote:

I'll be there, just finished slappin' on the numbers. I see your 1.50 and raise you a 1.46.670. I'll most likely get taken out in the bottle neck in turn one though, so it doesn't matter. LOL Laughing It should be a blast, muscle cars are way more fun than GT1!

16Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:31 pm

jk6305

Count me in

17Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:46 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

i am going to stick a number plate on my car. What number should i choose as i don't know which ones are taken or reserved.

18Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:20 pm

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

There is a roster for the series in the Trans Am section of the forum, they show the numbers taken for the series, other than those I think the only other number taken is 99. While you're there you should sign up for the series, the more the better. Smile

19Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:05 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

what will be the name of the race lobby when i go to search for it tonight. or do you send invites? sorry not sure how this works with the club stuff.

my gamer tag is badcompany187

20Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:43 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

badco wrote:what will be the name of the race lobby when i go to search for it tonight. or do you send invites? sorry not sure how this works with the club stuff.

my gamer tag is badcompany187
We send invites

21Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:54 pm

jk6305

22Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:32 pm

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

I figured that 1.46 wouldn't last long. Rolling Eyes

23Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

Unfortunately, something came up here and I'm not going to be able to host the race. I would appreciate it someone else would do so, as I'd hate to see this not go off. Please let me know the results, and I'll send out the prizes. Have a great race!

24Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:40 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

cant get near the xbox right now, xmas show is on. *sigh* hopefully a few of you will be on in an hour or so :/

25Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:35 am

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

RESULTS:

1.Okestone - AMC Javelin
2.BloatedGopher - Mercury Cougar
3.jk6305 - AMC Javelin
4.CamaroGuy96 - '70 Chevy Camaro
5.Dan2425 - '70 Ford Mustang

The AMC's are hard to shake, we swapped places a few times through the whole race. We tried out some other cars after that, but we counted the first race as the ''official'' one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next