xAMC - American Muscle Club - zAMC
Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to AMC

Meet tonight @ 1am EST Time... Be there or be square! Bring you modified "STREET LEGAL" cars no matter what it is, we will be doing a nice cruise up FUJIMI at Life like speeds until I say go, and then you will all fell the WRATH OF MY MCLAREN F1 "LM"

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inaugural Tune-Up Classic

+6
okestone
badcompany187
SubieTuner75
CamaroGuy96
MIDNIGHTblueX10
Tachyon_Racing
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:47 am

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

BloatedGopher wrote:RESULTS:

1.Okestone - AMC Javelin
2.BloatedGopher - Mercury Cougar
3.jk6305 - AMC Javelin
4.CamaroGuy96 - '70 Chevy Camaro
5.Dan2425 - '70 Ford Mustang

The AMC's are hard to shake, we swapped places a few times through the whole race. We tried out some other cars after that, but we counted the first race as the ''official'' one.

Great, thanks to whoever ran the race in my stead. Did anyone save a replay?

Okestone, put up a 50k credit vinyl [maybe just a square with a 50 on it] and I'll buy 2. Gopher, do the same. jk6305, do a 25k vinyl. Drop me a message when they are up. Okestone, I'll be gifting you the Shelby GT500 as well. I am going to do some kind of commemorative vinyl for it first, and will try to have that finished before the holiday.

Great race guys, sorry I missed it!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003084391168

27Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:18 am

okestone

okestone

Thanks TR, Gopher, jk, CG,Dan and all the others. That was a good time, racin' muscle cars against good, clean racers! Looking forward to the next meet.

okestone

28Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:08 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

Yeah, it was good racing. The Javelins and Cougars are gonna be trouble. I gotta do some serious tweeking to my Camaro.

29Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Tachyon_Racing

Tachyon_Racing

CamaroGuy96 wrote:Yeah, it was good racing. The Javelins and Cougars are gonna be trouble. I gotta do some serious tweeking to my Camaro.

Seriously, considering the way you dominated Season I, was shocked to see the outcome here. Smile

Again, was wondering if anyone saved the replay? Wanted to get a few pics and add them to the thread here. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003084391168

30Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:32 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

Tachyon_Racing wrote:
CamaroGuy96 wrote:Yeah, it was good racing. The Javelins and Cougars are gonna be trouble. I gotta do some serious tweeking to my Camaro.

Seriously, considering the way you dominated Season I, was shocked to see the outcome here. Smile

Again, was wondering if anyone saved the replay? Wanted to get a few pics and add them to the thread here. Thanks!
Not I; I didn't run in season 1.

I don't think anyone got the replay from the 1st race, but we ran a later one at Laguna Seca that I know someone got. We went three wide in the corkscrew on the first lap; which I'm waiting to see a pic of.

31Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:38 pm

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

Completely slipped my mind to save it, we just went right into the next race. Maybe get together online and take a snap of the racers in finishing position at Maple Valley at some point? Would make a nice pic, and show off our early season progress. I'm home every night, so I could do it whenever everyone else is free... that's the kinda freedom I enjoy when my bank account is as empty as it is. LOL Laughing

Oh ya... I saved the Laguna replay, I'll upload that tonight if I can, I'll get as many shots of the other Trans Amers as I can.

32Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:42 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

A question to you guys that were running up in front all night with Javelins and Cougars: Were y'all tuned for more for handling or speed?

Not asking for any secrets or anything, just a general idea. Cause everything I try still leaves me a few secs behind y'all.

33Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:46 pm

okestone

okestone

Maximum grip, then what PI is left over, goes into power.
Maple Valley is nothing more than a bunch of curves, long sweepers and short simple curves, sometimes over drastic elevation changes.
Brakes are not important, the only place I use them somewhat hard is approaching the long sweeper.
Acceleration is not important (like Sebring or Motegi).
Launch might be a factor in a 3 lap race, but not an 8 lapper.
So that's my 2 cents worth.
Hope that helps some.

okestone

Last edited by okestone on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additions)

34Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:00 pm

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

I don't think I touched a single thing in the motor... air filter and exhaust at most, the rest is all handling. My question is, are all you guys still running the four speeds in your Trans Amers?

35Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:06 pm

okestone

okestone

Yes, it kills the PI if you upgrade the tranny.

36Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:09 pm

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

Here's a couple shots of the corkscrew action from Laguna Seca

Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Cs112

Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Cs210

I took a few more pics of some Trans Am racers, I'll upload some more tommorrow

37Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:19 pm

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

Ok, so nix the race trans. Makes sense now that I think about it; I don't think I needed more than 4 gears on any of tracks we ran last night anyway.

38Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:26 pm

okestone

okestone

Yep, and it may bounce against the rev limiter in 4th gear, but that's OK, its a net gain in overall lap time. Smile

39Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:49 pm

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

Finally got around to uploading the other pics I took from Laguna Seca on Sunday, hope you like'm, and I hope to take more during the series races, if it's going to look this good.

Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Ta110

Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Ta210

Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Ta310

Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Ta410

40Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:05 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

damn, can't see the pics....lil boxes with x's in them

41Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:53 pm

robluvcars1

badco wrote:damn, can't see the pics....lil boxes with x's in them

Ditto!?

42Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:14 pm

SlowRR

didnt notice it was last sunday sorry

43Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:57 am

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

It might just be the file type? Can you see my avatar?

44Inaugural Tune-Up Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tune-Up Classic Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:18 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

i can see your avatar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2