xAMC - American Muscle Club - zAMC
Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Already registered? Login In.

If not just click register you'll be registered and ready to go in 5 minutes!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to AMC

Meet tonight @ 1am EST Time... Be there or be square! Bring you modified "STREET LEGAL" cars no matter what it is, we will be doing a nice cruise up FUJIMI at Life like speeds until I say go, and then you will all fell the WRATH OF MY MCLAREN F1 "LM"

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pony Car War Championship.

+6
BloatedGopher
Platypus Vomit
badcompany187
forgottnsolider
CamaroGuy96
Notorious0utlaw
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Pony Car War Championship. Empty Pony Car War Championship. Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

I am vigorously Tuning 3 Spec cars for this tournament. Their are 3 cars.
All cars turn, speed,brake, top out almost the same. They are tuned to be neck and neck race cars.
Ill add a list of the small perfections each have over the other beside the names.

2010 Camaro SS- 0.03 better G handle then both
2005 Mustang GT- 0-60(0.2/s),0-100(0.3/s),Braking 9 feet sooner
2009 Challenger- 4 mph top end

Each car is built to a certain spec. Each car has certain parts added :None can be replaced or taken out.
Car class is A for them.
Their will be 2 points systems. Driver and car. Each race/qualify the driver has will add to his overall points and then add to his cars points.

Example:
Driver A mustang
Driver B Camaro
Driver C Challenger

Driver A qualifies 1st and finishes 1st.

Driver A gets (example) 20 points for 1st qualify,+ 20 points for 1st in the race.
So driver gets 40 points Plus Mustang gets (example 40 points) for being the fastest at the track.
These points tally up all season.

Reward:
1st Place driver gets a 15 Million dollar payout.
2nd Place driver gets a 5 Million dollar payout.
3rd Place driver gets a 3 Million dollar payout.

Winning car type gets 20 Million dollar payout divided by number of that model car used.
Teams are encouraged. Camaro/Mustang/Challenger Each team must drive the same car.
As for right now 4 is team limit. If their is too many mustang,camaro,challenger drivers (above 4). Then you must choose a new car . If we reach 16 people Group size will increase to 5 per team.

So first come first gets .

Qualify/Race points
1. 32
2. 28
3. 26
4. 22
5. 20
6. 19
7. 18
8. 16
9. 15
10. 14
11. 12
12. 11
13. 10
14. 8
15. 7
16. 4

Car points
1. 20
2. 15
3. 10

Rules: Same as always, Rubbing is racing but intentional hitting causing a spin will disqualify someone. If you accidentally spin some one slow down and let them pass before you continue. If you leave a qualifying session or race. You get an automatic DNF and all points you may have gained are gone.
The series is going to be a 5 Race series. With race 5 being the championship race.

Road america 15 laps
Indy infield 20 laps
Infineon Long 20 laps
Test track oval 25 laps
Nurburgring full 5 laps

Team Camaro
1.Notorious #98
2.CamaroGuy
3.UltraPro7Chris #7
4.Big D licious #D1

Team Mustang
1.ForgottnSolider #71
2.PlatyPus #05
3.Target #5

Team Challenger
1.BadCompany #66
2.BloatedGopher #36
3.Kovalchuk #17

Mustang '05
Engine & Power
Sport Ignition
Sport Displacement
Racing Exhaust
Sport Camshaft
Race Oil & Cooling
Race Flywheel
Platform & Handling
All Racing Upgrades
Sport weight reduction
Drivetain
All Racing Upgrades
Tires and Rims
Race Tire Compound
Full Front Width
Full Rear Width
Rims (Whatever keeps you in A)
Aero and Appearance
Forza Race front bumper
Saleen Wing
Saleen Rear Bumper
Side skirts (Optional)
Saleen Street Hood

Camaro '10
Engine & Power
Sport Oil & Cooling
Race Flywheel
Platform & Handling
All Racing Upgrades
Drivetain
Race Transmission
Race Differential
Tires and Rims
Race Tire Compound
Front Width 265/40
Rear Width 305/35
Aero and Appearance
Forza Race front bumper
Hood (Optional)

Challenger '09
Engine & Power
Sport Flywheel
Sport Oil Cooling
Platform & Handling
All Racing Upgrades
Drivetain
Racing Transmission
Racing Differential
Tires and Rims
Race Tire Compound
Max Front Width
Max Rear Width
Aero and Appearance
Forza Race front bumper
Dodge Street rear wing
Stock Hood

Start date is TBD Qualifying Is TBD. Let me know the times when you can play. Ill work around them to make sure everyone gets into this tournament.

Last edited by Notorious0utlaw on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 16 times in total

2Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:48 am

CamaroGuy96

CamaroGuy96

I'd be interested. Any time set yet? I'd want to be on team Camaro of course.

3Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:51 am

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

CamaroGuy96 wrote:I'd be interested. Any time set yet? I'd want to be on team Camaro of course.
Number? and the date for qual is the 25th if that works for everyone. Ill be putting up the exact parts list soon.

4Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:43 pm

forgottnsolider

this sounds great ill be in a mustang Smile

5Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:53 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

im definitely interested, but the qualifying date might interfere with the trans am series?? I will take the Challenger to be the odd duck Razz

6Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

Good point badcompany, any input on a weekly time and starting date? Im putting the Upgrade list up today. The challenger is a monster 2nd in accel/2nd in handling/ first top end.

7Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:48 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

actually i thought the trans am series was happening every sat night, but there wasn't anyone on last night. gonna be hard to nail times down. Seems alot of guys are on earlier on sat or sundays anytime between 9am and noon PST. That might work well for people

8Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

Ok I updated everything just waiting on some more people to fill up the teams. If theirs any more information I left out let me know. These cars are a blast.

9Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Platypus Vomit

I haven't really participated in the club much since about November and I have most of my fun in A class, so sign me up for the Mustang.

10Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

Well welcome aboard Platy PUS. Im still needing numbers and usual times. Im free anytime any weekend. My number is 98.

This Sunday around 1:30Pm eastern. Im going to set a private room up to get some practice in. Every one is welcome to join. I havent went public with this race because I was hoping through AMC/PGX we would have more then enough drivers. So hopefully they get on this website and check up.

11Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Platypus Vomit

I've already started tuning (to the specified build) and painting a mustang, but just out of curiosity, what's with the Challenger having wider front tires than rear tires? (285's in the back, 295's in the front iirc) I tried all three cars and I think the Camaro and Mustang will run competitively with each other, but I dunno about the Challenger.

Oh, and I usually run the number 05 but I'm not picky. Razz I'm free most weekdays after about 4 or 5:00 (Chicago time) and pretty much all day most weekends.

12Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

Because of the sheer size of the vehicle it has a tendency to understeer. So I increased the front tire width. Traction vs Turning. The challenger is the surprise car of the bunch. It is better in accel then the camaro. It has better handling then the mustang. and it has the highest Top speed. They are all perfect rivals. My calculations come from the stock benchmark numbers. Then a second chart with my best tunes on each of them to see how far they could be changed.

13Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Platypus Vomit

For me, under that build it lost a lot exiting corners because I had to be too light on the throttle. At Maple Valley (my main tuning track) I'm about 2 seconds quicker with both the Camaro and Mustang. I didn't test them on more of a power track though. It might be more competitive on less of a handling oriented track or in the hands of someone with a little different driving style.

The Mustang surprised me. It's way down on power compared to the other two, but accelerates right with them.

14Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

For starters try the tracks we are running. On indy infield it ran 0.400 of a second faster then both of them. The PI system allows +1 PI for every front width. But for rear width its +2-+3 PI for each width. To sacrifice turning for traction would be a losing battle. Each car is unique. and it gets around the track in a slightly different way at the same time then other 2 do. The camaro uses Its road huggers to get around the turn best. Mustang uses it accel to get off a corner fastest and challenger uses its brute to blow by them. However we are talking 0.1 of a second differences here. No car equals the win. this is more of a Driver/Tune race then a clear car type win. If you drove a javelin it wouldnt matter how good you were . You'd win every time . But since all the cars are identical its anyones race.

Anyways on a side note. If we get 7 more people to fill the teams I was thinking about boosting each team from 4 members to 5. and allowing 1 extra spot to be a Pace car driver. Let me know your thoughts.

Ill be following this race closely with the footage, and the points system making sure everything is as it should be and everything runs smoothly. All you guys got to do is race the cars.

15Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Platypus Vomit

You've done more testing, so I'll accept your decisions on it. I just wanted you to take one more look. Razz

Hey, we don't appear to have many people who frequent these forums, so are you recruiting drivers from somewhere else too? Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against 2v2v2 (which we can probably get from here - we just need 1 more driver) but it would probably be more fun with 4v4v4 or something like that. Especially if we do team liveries.

Oh, and as I said before, I've been a little out of the loop as far as the club is concerned - did we ever end up with an official club logo/decal? I painted up a quick placeholder one for the paintjob I'm working on for the Mustang but if we have an official one, I'd much rather have it on the car than mine.

16Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

Ive only posted on these forums. Most of the people in Amc only check here once in a blue moon. However, I have 6 Drivers from my Team (PGX) who im weeding out to find some fun, clean and dedicated racers. I have 3 that want to. 2 I personally requested. and Im just waiting on a reply. The problem with out of our circle racers(Non AMC/PGX) is that they may race dirty, be childish or ruin the race for someone. I dont like taking that chance. I wont start qualifying till we have at least a guarenteed 3v3v3... and hopefully a pace car driver..which im hoping midnight will grab that spot =D.

17Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:36 am

badcompany187

badcompany187

dodge is ready to go...upgraded as requested and paintet...going with #66

18Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

Good stuff, this sat ill be running a practice. So we can compare tunes and see how well they all work together. Theirs 1 more spot open for camaro, 2 for mustang and 3 for challenger. I also have Vinyl for the championship made. Ill be gifting to those that add me to their friends list. (So you can change colors on it to match your paint). And for those that dont itll be up on my storefront.

19Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Platypus Vomit

Is your gamertag the same as your name here?

20Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

My GT: Notori0us0utlaw 2 zeros.Like double barrel slugs through the center.

21Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Platypus Vomit

FR Sent

22Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:59 pm

badcompany187

badcompany187

bummer...i have to work this saturday ( i work 1 out of 3)

23Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:23 am

BloatedGopher

BloatedGopher

I'll go on team Challenger, number 36.

24Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Platypus Vomit

Notorious0utlaw wrote: I also have Vinyl for the championship made. Ill be gifting to those that add me to their friends list. (So you can change colors on it to match your paint). And for those that dont itll be up on my storefront.
I modified it a little to fit my style better and threw it up on my storefront for free. Anyone who wants my version unlocked just send me a message and FR. My GT is the same as my name here. Oh, and I sent it to you, Notorious. If you don't like/want it, just delete it I don't care. :p

25Pony Car War Championship. Empty Re: Pony Car War Championship. Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Notorious0utlaw

Notorious0utlaw

Update: Challenger slighty changed. Remove Race clutch and add max rear tire width, and sport cooling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum